CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Need help on timer replica

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlckBane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 pm     Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me I'm currently working on a timer replica from the show sliders I don't know if anyone is familiar with this show but I have a micro controller that was pre programmed with the code on it but it has been erased deleted some how not sure how I did it but no one seems to have the code for me to put back onto it can someone please help me it was for working multiple digits the place I got the micro controller from wont respond back to me and I don't know what to do is there anyone out there that can help me please how can I get the code to put back on it does anyone have the code please help me the micro controller is a PIC16F84A if that helps any and if you want here is a link to the video on youtube of what this timer has to do please can anyone help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uvbbj1claw&feature=related

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:06 pm     Reply with quote

I would start by switching to decaf...
BlckBane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 pm     Reply with quote

what

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

I come on here asking for help and I get sarcasm what's up with that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am     Reply with quote

The problem is that your 'request', first does sound rather 'hyper', and second, is unanswerable.

There needs to be an enormous amount of research done about the actual connections first. Then a lot more testing to find out what 'hidden' problems there may be (things may need to be sequenced in a particular wayy to avoid blowing up other components etc...).
Seriously, if you want 'help', this forum, is for users of the CCS compiler. So you would need to buy the compiler, then try to do it yourself, and we will then 'help' if you hit problems. Currently though, if this was presented as a 'commercial' project to any of the serious programmers here, they would probably charge a few hundred dollars, _just to look at it_. Doing it would be down to the total time taken...

Your question comes over rather as 'I have this chip in a car, can you duplicate it'. Quite probably. - Starting cost probably $30000.

It'd probably be more costly to do this, than to build the entire project 'from scratch'.

The total work is involved in this, is potentially quite enormous....

Best Wishes
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:39 am     Reply with quote

T is right about how difficult your request is. You're asking to 'reverse engineer' a product, then cut code to program the PIC.
Having 'been there,done that', one project took over a year, full time for a 'simple' 4 bits in-4 bits out,controller board.Your project at least has info on the Web and is a movie prop, NOT a real working piece of equipment.
The project is easy to do, if you take the right steps.
First, reverse engineer the entire schematic of the unit.If 'normal ' parts are used it might take 1-2 months, if SMT ,well triple that !
Second,buy the CCS PCM compiler,a programmer and a few books on C programming.read...read...read...
Third, cut code for 'blinking LED' test program.
Fourth,cut code for '7 segment display' program.
Fifth,cut code for 'keyboard entry' program.
Examples of these 'code segments' are all over the WEB.
It's up to you to cut,hack,merge what you need for your project
It is entirely possible to do this project, you just need to spend a lot of time and effort and a little cash to acomplish the task.
And of course, once you have the first one working, making more is easy !
newguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:44 am     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
First, reverse engineer the entire schematic of the unit.If 'normal ' parts are used it might take 1-2 months, if SMT ,well triple that !
Second,buy the CCS PCM compiler,a programmer and a few books on C programming.read...read...read...
Third, cut code for 'blinking LED' test program.
Fourth,cut code for '7 segment display' program.
Fifth,cut code for 'keyboard entry' program.

Sixth, use punctuation if you want someone to read your post. Posting a single 169 word sentence is the reason why someone suggested decaf...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: