CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

icd u64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electroinfo

icd u64
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 am     Reply with quote

hello all,

I buy a icd u64 and I can't program a pic12F509, so I try to update the firmware of the programmer. Unfortunately the PC will not detect the ICD U64. When I try to program the software it does not detect the ICD U64 and it asks me to choose COMM 3 but the box is USB. The LED on programmer stay red. I think I have something damaged, but the programmer is new. I'd like to be able to retrieve it. Someone can help me start with CCS? Question

Thank you in advance.
Douglas Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

The u64 programmer requires a usb driver for windows systems. The driver must be installed first. Download the driver from CCS and install it. If all is well then in device manger you will see under usb controllers CCS-ICDU64. Now if you have win7 there often will be an issue until a few years pass and the newest Microsoft OS is fully debugged. U64 does work with Win2k and WinXP.
ckapsalis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 am     Reply with quote

Hi electroinfo,

My experience suggests that the CCS IDE/C Compiler and ICD-U64 work fine with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and 64 bit.

If you look at the ICD-U64 FAQ, you'll notice a section at the bottom indicating that some PIC micro controllers cannot be debugged with a standard version of the ICD-U64. The PIC12F509 is listed as one of those micros. So, that may be the problem. Here's the link:

http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq.php?page=connect_icd

I would contact CCS technical support and indicate that you just bought the product and tell them the PIC part number that you are targeting. Hopefully, they will be able to help you out.

Good luck.
Will Reeve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 am     Reply with quote

I use ICD64 under windows 7 just fine...however as someone pointed out to me in another post the 12F509 has fuse programming issues with ICD. I had to move to my old PicKit2 which works perfectly (also under win7 btw).
Tomcat

Re: icd u64
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:45 am     Reply with quote

electroinfo wrote:
hello all,

I buy a icd u64 and I can't program a pic12F509, so I try to update the firmware of the programmer. Unfortunately the PC will not detect the ICD U64. When I try to program the software it does not detect the ICD U64 and it asks me to choose COMM 3 but the box is USB. The LED on programmer stay red. I think I have something damaged, but the programmer is new. I'd like to be able to retrieve it. Someone can help me start with CCS? Question

Thank you in advance.

I have been using the u64 for over a year and never had a problem changing the fwirmware. Now I have the exact same problem as you with the u64.
After trying to upgrade the firmware it no longer responds. When I use ccsload to try to upgrade FW the only version in the list is 1.39V, when I proceed I get address violation error.

The problem is not the usb driver, it seems as if I have to reload the bootloader on the u64. But can not find any help on how to do this, sending the u64 back to the America is not an option as I am in Europe.
Have you an update?
regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: