CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS CANBus driver in Mode 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
collink

CCS CANBus driver in Mode 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 am     Reply with quote

To clarify: Has anyone else had any luck with the CCS CANBus driver when using Mode 2 (Enhanced FIFO Mode)? I'm using the 4.105 compiler.

I successfully have used the CCS canbus code in mode 2 but the more of the features I try to use the more I find that it doesn't seem to work that well. My biggest problem has been with setting masks and filters. It works if I don't get too fancy but as soon as I start to enable multiple masks and filters in each standard and extended frames it starts to act really weird. (Really weird meaning: won't accept extended frames until at least one standard frame comes in, or will accept extended frames but if I try to send a standard frame it will start to recycle the frame over and over and keep thinking that it's coming in over and over, or it just won't accept a frame even though it matches the mask and pattern, or it will accept anything even if it doesn't match. FUN!)

I'm willing to concede that the problem could be between my ears but I'm starting to doubt that. Given how poorly the CCS sdcard/fat drivers work I'm starting to think that CCS hasn't tested most of their driver code in quite some time if ever.

I'm wondering if I should give up and just use mode 0 (legacy mode) or if I should totally rewrite their crummy driver or what?

So, my basic question, boiled down, is this:
Has anyone used the CCS canbus driver in Mode2 with at least 4 filters, two masks, and a combination of standard and extended frame masks and patterns? Am I stepping out into uncharted territory?
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:40 am     Reply with quote

Could be PIC errata. Post your PIC. Also your compiler version.
collink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 pm     Reply with quote

PCM programmer wrote:
Could be PIC errata. Post your PIC. Also your compiler version.

PIC18F2685 with the 4.105 compiler (PCH i think?)

I just looked for errata on the chip and even if I had an A1 revision chip there is still nothing which would cause my problem. The search continues...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: