CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SD card problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karsia

SD card problem
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 am     Reply with quote

I am trying to use sd card. It is not error when I am sending data but when I am trying to read it is reading something different or nothing. So what can be the problem ? (compiler version is 4.068, and microcontroller is pic18f4520) please help....... need this hardly.
karsia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 am     Reply with quote

and i have built the real circuit too. and set all voltage levels as 3.3 v (with resistors),from pic to card and 5v from card to pic(with 74hct125).
asmallri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 pm     Reply with quote

karsia wrote:
and i have built the real circuit too. and set all voltage levels as 3.3 v (with resistors),from pic to card and 5v from card to pic(with 74hct125).

A common problem is forgetting the pull-up resistor on the DO line of the card. In this event the card may or may not successfully initialize. You can find some reference designs for SD/MMC hardware integration on my site.

Another common problem is insufficient power supply filtering on the 3.3 volt rail. The card can draw up to 100mA for a very small amount of time during a write operation. Insufficient power supply filtering (decoupling and filtering) can result in a DIP on the power rail to the SD card causing it to reset or misbehave.

Regards, Andrew

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
karsia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am     Reply with quote

thank you so much . the problem is about pull up resistor. now it is working. thank you so much again
King Regarts Aslan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: