CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to use Visual C#?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xwindows2000

How to use Visual C#?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 am     Reply with quote

In case mcu any bit activate high or activate low. How to program Visual C# to check status of mcu?
John Morley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

This isn't a C# forum, but I can give you a project overview that might help to get you going.

You'll need to establish a serial or USB connection between the PIC and the PC. You can use interface chips like the MAX232 for serial communications, or the FT232R for USB communications, or find a PIC chip with internal USB support.

The rest is programming. You could program the PIC to transmit a status string whenever an input change was detected, or you could program it to respond to 'polling' commands from the PC. Pick the method that best suits your needs.

I have a number of products that use similar techniques, so this does work. It's pretty basic stuff once you've been around a while, but maybe a bit daunting if you are a beginner....

I use VB6 for all my PC software development, and writing a program to fetch and display a couple of I/O states would be a fairly quick project.

John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry John

I used interface with PIC by bluetooth. I can send command to activate I/O. After that I turn off my program development and turn on again but I can't check I/O remain status from mcu or I can't development mcu program send status to my program development.

Profile of bluetooth module is serial port.

Can you help me?

Regards
LostInSpace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like the Bluetooth modules terminated the connection when you turned off the development system. You will probably need to write code to have them rediscover themselves and reconnect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:59 pm     Reply with quote

LostInSpace wrote:
Sounds like the Bluetooth modules terminated the connection when you turned off the development system. You will probably need to write code to have them rediscover themselves and reconnect.

Can you help me?
I'm want send requirement from development my program checked remain output status of mcu after I'm connect Bluetooth again or MCU send active remain output status to development program after connected bluetooth and shown remain status at my development.
arunb

RE:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm     Reply with quote

this isn't a C# forum. If you want to connect a PIC to a bluetooth module and if you are using the CCS C compiler, then this is the forum.

thanks
arunb
xwindows2000

Re: RE:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:16 pm     Reply with quote

arunb wrote:

this isn't a C# forum. If you want to connect a PIC to a bluetooth module and if you are using the CCS C compiler, then this is the forum.

thanks
arunb

Yes. I used CCS C develop with C#?
What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: