CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

dsPIC33 works when ICD programmed, but not when ICD debugged

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundscu

dsPIC33 works when ICD programmed, but not when ICD debugged
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 am     Reply with quote

This one has me stumped. I have code that works when programmed into the dsPIC33 with an ICD3. But the same code does not work when trying to debug using the ICD3. The environment is MPLAB 8.40, and CCS PCD Compiler 4.101. (I also have the CCS IDE, but I can't get debugging to work for any project with it.)

I hit RUN, the target is indicated as "Running", nothing happens to indicate it actually is running, then I the message "Target Halted" appears, and the debugger stops.

A simple test program works correctly -- this is not a hardware or setup issue. At one point, it seemed that adding code to a timer interrupt routine was causing the problem -- a short routine that just incremented a counter worked fine, but additional code would not work.

Again, everything compiles fine, and works *perfectly* when programmed (not in debug mode). So my programming would seem to be correct.

Now I'm adding routines and debugging is required, and I can't do it. ARGHHHHH.

Any tips? Help very much appreciated.

Jim
soundscu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am     Reply with quote

Even more strange:

I can debug successfully with an ICD2. So the problem seems to rest with the ICD3.
r00x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 am     Reply with quote

Hi there - did you ever resolve this problem?

I'd love to know how if you have. I'm trying to program a PIC18F4620 via a Pickit 2 and am having the exact same issues: software works fine when programmed, but no chip response followed immediately by "Target Halted" under debug.

When I hit Animate, the Pickit 2 output window spams "Stepping Target - Pickit 2 Ready - Stepping Target - Pickit 2 Ready" but the chip does nothing. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: