CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Student Configuration Fuse Trouble (IESO, FCMEN, INTRC_IO)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobys

Student Configuration Fuse Trouble (IESO, FCMEN, INTRC_IO)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

I am a student and I am unable to load my PIC-C program onto a PIC18F4331 microcontroller because of a problem with the configuration fuses. How should I program the configuration fuses so that I may load my PIC18F4331 with my program? A snippet of my code that includes the configuration fuses is posted below. When I try to load the program to the chip, and the program is verified, the actual configuration fuses (IESO, FCMEN) are different than what was expected (INTRC_IO). As a result, the program does not run on the microcontroller. An image of the verification result window can be found at

http://www.stanford.edu/~tobys/

Code:

#include <18f4331.h>  // defines the chip being used
#device  ADC=16// yes we are using the ICD debugger

#fuses  WDT, BROWNOUT, INTRC_IO,
#use delay(clock=8000000)

#define GREEN_LED PIN_A5
#define YELLOW_LED PIN_B4
#define RED_LED PIN_B5
#define PUSH_BUTTON PIN_A4
#use rs232 (baud=9600, xmit=PIN_C6, rcv=PIN_C7)

There is a minimal amount of external circuitry associated with my PIC18F4331. I have a 0.1uF capacitor connected to Vdd. The circuit is powered through a 5V supply. I do not have an external oscillator and I want to use the controller’s internal oscillator. I am using ICD (In-Circuit Debugger) Control Program V2.36, CCS 2.73, Compiler Version 3.231, and ICD-U40.

A similar version of the program has successfully been used on a PIC18F452 development kit. The PIC4331 chip is detected by the ICD control program. Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
bkamen

Re: Student Configuration Fuse Trouble (IESO, FCMEN, INTRC_I
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:07 am     Reply with quote

tobys wrote:

Code:

#include <18f4331.h>  // defines the chip being used
#device  ADC=16// yes we are using the ICD debugger

#fuses  WDT, BROWNOUT, INTRC_IO,
#use delay(clock=8000000)

Some quick notes, your FUSES look ok - but maybe for additional compiler clarity, consider changing the clock line to:

Code:
#use delay(clock=8M, INT=8M)

I just used the M for MHz shorthand as I'm used to it, but more importantly, tell the compiler the default clock speed is 8Mhz AND that you want it to come from the internal oscillator.

also, look at the help for your ADC setting. Are you sure that's what you want or do you want results listed as 0-0x3FF ??

-Ben

BTW, try using NOFCMEN and NOEISO until you get it working and then carefully read up on those fuses and what they do before turning them back on.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: