CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD=TRUE and .lst file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbert

ICD=TRUE and .lst file
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to confirm the bootloader I have written, is functioning (yes I've unfortunately had to write my own because of the specifics of my application). some details : PCWH vers 4.079. A couple of questions come to mind -

1. With ICD=TRUE, does the .lst file generated from the compilation, actually list the bits of code the ICD inserts (or does it hide itself from the listing)? I presume the interrupt must have some additional code and I read somewhere in the forum that there is ICD code kept high in memory as well. If there is high ICD code, does this mean my final compiled code (with ICD=FALSE) will have a free area above it, that is only used by ICD when ICD=TRUE?

2. Using the PCWH interface, I notice I cannot get an update of what the contents of an area of program ROM might be. The "ROM" debugging window is not update-able and I suspect is generated from the .lst file. This makes it impossible to confirm the my bootloader is writing the correct program code to the correct area. Is there a way around this, other than writing support code to read back presumably changed areas of ROM and spitting them out of the serial port?

Cheers

Herbert
FvM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:57 am     Reply with quote

Are you referring to CCS ICD? With MPLAB and ICD-2 or PicKit, you can read back the ROM.
Herbert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 am     Reply with quote

Hi FvM,

Yes its CCS ICD. Are you saying it can't be done?
FvM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:57 am     Reply with quote

I'm rarely using CCS ICD, I don't know. But you can read back the ROM to a *.hex file with the ICD software and compare or disassemble it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: