CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

NOIOL1WAY fuse and configuration bits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John5788

NOIOL1WAY fuse and configuration bits
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:34 pm     Reply with quote

I am still trying to track a problem down with setting peripheral pins on my PIC24HJ64GP504.

I saw 2 fuses that looked interesting, the IOL1WAY and NOIOL1WAY. I tried setting both of these fuses (exclusively) and noticed that the Peripheral Pin Select Configuration field is always Disabled.

Even if I uncheck the "Configuration bits set in code" box, and try to set the field manually, the field changes back to Disabled upon compilation.

I also tried taking all my code out, just the fuses and a blank main, but that configuration never changes to Enabled.

is this a bug?
bkamen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 pm     Reply with quote

Unchecking "auto-config" on compile and then fiddling the bits requires immediate program (and debugging if applicable).

The bits will always revert on recompile. That's normal.

As for the #fuse not setting it the way you think - report it to CCS. that may be a bug.

(also check the .LST file to see what it thinks is being set)

-Ben

p.s. BTW, IOL1WAY being DISABLED (NOIOL1WAY) allows multiple settings of the PPS Pin Selects -- maybe not a bad thing for you unless your problem relates to locking them down as IOL1WAY (ENABLED) would do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:35 pm     Reply with quote

definitely a bug because I did a binary file compare of the two .hex files generated with both of the fuses, and there was no difference except in compilation date.
bkamen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:37 pm     Reply with quote

John5788 wrote:
definitely a bug because I did a binary file compare of the two .hex files generated with both of the fuses, and there was no difference except in compilation date.

Yep! Let support@ccsinfo.com know about it.

Send them the .LST file as an attachment compiled BOTH ways (and make a short test file if you can for them. It's never fun weeding through 4000 lines of code to show something simple like a #fuse issue)...

Cheers,

-Ben
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: