CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to use ICD-U64 for debug for 3.3VDC 18LF2620?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire151

How to use ICD-U64 for debug for 3.3VDC 18LF2620?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 pm     Reply with quote

I just got the ICD-U64 debugger/programmer. I've installed the CCSLoad software. My target application runs on a 3.3VDC PIC 18LF2620 running at 19.6608MHz. I would like to use the debugger to verify program operation (single-step, watch variables, monitor timers, etc.) with my system running at 3.3VDC. I have made a short interface cable to connect from the ICD-U64 via the 6-pin RJ45 connector to my target board using a 6-pin 0.1" spaced socket. I connect this socket into a header on my target board. I have a dipswitch to disconnect a normally wired board function and allow only the PData and PClk lines to pins B6 and B7 of the 18LF2620 from the ICD-U64. The MClr line is pulled up to +3.3VDC through a 47K resistor.

How can I connect the ICD-U64 to my target system running at 3.3VDC using the CCSLoad software? Will this same debugger interface work for the target board from within the CCS PCWH compiler (V4.093)?
Jim Hearne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am     Reply with quote

The earlier ICD-U40 worked fine for programming and debugging at 3.3V on the 18LF6722 so theres no reason why the ICD-U64 shouldn't.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: