CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Multiple compilation units don't link after upgrading PCM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopLoser

Multiple compilation units don't link after upgrading PCM
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:59 am     Reply with quote

I have several projects that consist of multiple C files that used to compile and link just fine using 4.085 version of the PCM compiler. Each module has an
Quote:

#EXPORT (FILE=filename)

directive at the start. The compiler used to compile each module without error and then did a final link phase at the end to link all the .O files together and create a .HEX file.

Version 4.092 seems to behave in a different way. It still compiles each modules without error, but the final link produces a 'Not found' error when it tries to create the .HEX file. All the .O files are present, it's just the link part that fails.

Quote:

"C:\Program files\Picc\CCSC.exe" +FM LINK="Converter.hex=ec1.o,ec2.o,main.o,timer.o,eeprom.o" +DF +LN +T +A +M +Z +Y=9 +EA

The above line produces the error message
Quote:

Not found - Converter

All the .O files exists, the compilation part went ok.

I've reported this is CCS but haven't had any response for over a week so here I am asking for ideas...

Had the same problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 am     Reply with quote

I had the same problem.
I did the following:

-creating a text file
-rename it to the hexfile name

Build all --> hex file was there
armond

Compiler
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 am     Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. Code I wrote in 4.087 worked fine. After I upgraded to 4.090 or later the code stopped working. I had/has something to do with arrays and if statements..it works fine in mplab, but wont work compiled. So for now Im using 4.087 with no problem..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: