CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

#ORG error on 24FJ128GA006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahnfire

#ORG error on 24FJ128GA006
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:35 pm     Reply with quote

I am receiving an 'Invalid ORG range' when attempting to use the full program memory space of the 24FJ128GA006 processor.

Code:
#org 0xC04, 0x157FA

--- Info 300 ... More Info: Segment at 00000-0FFFE (0000 used)
    --- Info 300 ... More Info: Segment at 10000-157FA (0000 used)
    --- Info 300 ... More Info: Attempted to create 00C04-157FA for #org
    *** Error 126 ... Invalid ORG range

I am using the AN1157 Bootloader that is taking up the space below 0xC04, since I cannot seem to find a good CCS PCD bootloader. If someone is aware of one that works well, please let me know (and one that might be able to support AES, as the AN1157 one does).

Thanks,
Paul
FvM

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 am     Reply with quote

I wonder what you want to achieve with the said #org statement. Because you are assigning the full ROM area, except for the bootloader, no room is left for the application. #org statement with this syntax takes effect for the following function or const definition only.

By assigning the area below 0xc04 to the bootloader, the application code is automatically placed in remaining area.

How do you intend to assign the interrupt vectors in your design? I defined fixed vectors for all used interrupts in my application (Option A, direct mapping method in AN1157) and use #org statements to place the individual handlers to these addresses. Option B doesn't work due to limitations in PCD as far as I see.
bahnfire

Ah... I think I was tired when I wrote the post
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:21 pm     Reply with quote

I was trying to keep out of the area where the AN1157 bootloader is (since the PCD one is a little hokey). I read the CCS manual on the ORG command, but I think it got lost in translation as it was going to the brain (not a lot of sleep).

I will try blocking from 0x000-0xC00, since that is what I am trying to do.

I will post if otherwise.

Thanks!
FvM

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:31 am     Reply with quote

I have assigned the bootloader memory range by importing it's image to the main application. The advantage is in creating a single production image containing the bootloader and the application code.
Code:
#import(FILE=Bootloader.hex,HEX,RANGE=0x000:0x003)
#import(FILE=Bootloader.hex,HEX,RANGE=0x200:0x75F)
#build(reset=APP_BASE)

There are possibly other methods to achieve this, but you can't #org or #import code to the locations used for application interrupt vectors without causing an error.
bahnfire

I'll have to give that shot
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:41 am     Reply with quote

I wasn't able to get to the code last night (daughter was sick), but I hope to get to it today. I was thinking of using the non-remapped IVT code for AN1157. I was worried about the IVT range, since my initial main program with a timer did not function until I took the timer out.
FvM

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:25 am     Reply with quote

Yes, as said, my example is also using direct mapping. The IVT entries are generated by the main application. Because the IVT is actually part of the protected bootloader image, all ISRs must be assigned to fixed addresses that are unchanged between software versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: