CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problems with PIC24F and Config-Bits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richi-d

Problems with PIC24F and Config-Bits
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:44 am     Reply with quote

Always when I press the Build all button this Error Message pops up:

"The configuration bits in the file are invalid and may cause problems if programmed.
Do you want to set them to their default value?
Please note that you will need to either rebuild the file or export memory again to correct the file."

I use MPLABIDE8.10 and 8.30, Real ICE (same with ICD2), Compiler Version 4.089. PIC24FJ128GA106...

When I press in the message the "YES" Button I can read "Build succeed", if I press "NO" also "Build succeed"

Debugging is not possible!!

Here the configuration bits:
//#FUSES FRC_PLL,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,DEBUG,NOCOE,NOIESO,NOPR

I tried it with and without //

Whats wrong?
FvM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 am     Reply with quote

The message is caused by the fact, that PCD still don't know how to set all configuration bits, also the unused ones, correctly according to the Microchip specification. I experienced, that MPLAB with ICD2 always corrected them, while PICkit 2 standalone software didn't, which apparently may result in non operational code in some cases. The problem has been reported to CCS since long.

No operation of debug is most likely not caused by this problem rather than selecting the wrong ICSP interface. With some PIC24F devices, the selection had been coded wrong, although it's correct with PIC24F128GA106 to my opinion. In any case, you may want to check and possibly adjust the configuration bits in MPLAB, cause PCD has introduced more errors with coding of configuration bits in #fuses, e.g. regarding memory protection bits.
richi-d

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

thank you! I can debug now. The PGEC setting was wrong! This is my first PIC24... I´m not used to look for this...

Thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: