CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Is it possible to program the target chip via ICD2 in CCS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donquixote

Is it possible to program the target chip via ICD2 in CCS?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:52 am     Reply with quote

Hi, guys,

I have finished the compiling for my code on CCS Rev 4.080, and the ICD2 plug-in module is also installed.

And the target device could be connected with CCS via ICD2 module.

I am wondering it is possible to program the chip with my code via ICD2? If so ,how to?

Thanks in advance.

Quixote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:17 am     Reply with quote

I'm also trying to get this to work, i checked on the CCS website, and from version 4.064 it is possible to program/debug using the ICD2 if the appropriate driver is installed (http://www.ccsinfo.com/downloads/setup_mctools.exe).

The details at this link: http://www.ccsinfo.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=86 say the following:
Quote:
Once the hardware is connected to your PC, select the programmer/debugger from the "Debug Configure" option on the IDE menu tab.

But i can't find such an option under v4.068. What have you done to try and get it to work? Sorry to side track your post but did not want to create a new post on the same topic. To answer your question though, according to the link provided programming and debugging is possible from within the CCS IDE using the Microchip ICD2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 am     Reply with quote

This is a problem for me too. I installed all of the right drivers. All of the programs are up to date. But no luck. I tried CCS support, told them I had every program/driver installed, with the newest available version. But all they could offer was to make sure I had all of the programs installed, and that it should work. I know others have gotten it to work, but no one seems to have figured out the extra step needed from CCS's instructions.

With as long as it takes to get a response (useful or not) from tech support, I can only imagine that working out the bugs in making another companies competing hardware work in CCS is not a top priority.
crystal_lattice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:56 pm     Reply with quote

It is one thing saying that it works but it actually works with bugs, and not working/ configuring at all. It is quite frustrating and suspect there are more users out there having problems. Thus if anyone who has the ICD2 working with CCS IDE could explain to us how to get it to work it would be greatly appreciated.
FvM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:42 am     Reply with quote

Cause ICD2 can be operated from MPLAB IDE comfortably and MPLAB offers other features as simulator and assembly level debugging, I didn't yet feel the need to further struggle with CCS ICD2 interface.

Now, PICkit 2 support would be even more interesting than ICD2, only accessible through MPLAB or standalone tool yet.

ICD-U40 has disqualified itself by missing support for PIC24F chips (at least the types used in my project).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: