CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC24H question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest2008

PIC24H question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:08 am     Reply with quote

I am making one sound related project ( written in past topics ).
Basicly: microphone -- PIC24H -- speaker

What pin should I use for input signal and what pin should I use for output signal ( D/A ) ?

Thank you for your time !
Rohit de Sa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:21 am     Reply with quote

I don't have experience with the 24H series, but I can tell that this is a very vague question.
Quote:
What pin should I use for input signal and what pin should I use for output signal ( D/A ).
I would suggest you have a look at the datasheet of the particular microcontroller you wish to use.

The microphone (if it is a simple condenser or electret type) will most likely require some sort of preprocessing and amplification before it can be fed to the controller's analog input pin.

Be more specific with your question. Whenever possible, try to include a brief description of what you are trying to attempt, the controller you are using, associated circuitry, compiler version, and maybe code.

Rohit
FvM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:10 am     Reply with quote

Although somewhat vague, the question's intention is basically understandable.

- D/A hardware is only available with some dsPIC33F parts, I think. You should mainly search among these.

- The dsPIC and PIC24 family is said to be usable for DSP applications. This doesn't imply, that any DSP application, e. g. complex digital audio actually achieves sufficient performance with these parts. They are still restricted to sequential code execution. You should do a rough estimation of required numeric operations to determine the basic feasibility.
Guest2008

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Do you have some other solution regarding audio processing.?
Maybe some other chip, maybe some end solution ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: