CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Wireless ZigBee 18F bootloader, anyone working!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Boland

Wireless ZigBee 18F bootloader, anyone working!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:30 pm     Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have boards with 18F4620 with loads of space left. They communicate using GreenPeak's Zigbee RF module using uart with the main application PC.
My question is, as Zigbee can only deliver packets limited in size between 40-127 bytes at a time, and there may be delays between these packets, Is there any bootloader that can cater for stop/start delivery of new program file in small packets?

Thanks for your help
Paul Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm also having problem with sending data through Xbee Series 2 RF Module. Here I use a 16F877A micro controller to create the data packet which is needed to send through the Xbee mote. Micro controller gives the expected output accurately. I have denoted the code segment below. But I'm not sure whether this configuration supports or not for the Xbee module.

Code:
#use rs232(baud=9600,parity=N,xmit=PIN_C6,rcv=PIN_C7,bits=8)

If anybody has worked with Xbee modules, please let me know how to program the micro controller in better way.

Thank you all and any helps regarding my matters are highly appreciated.

Kushan Sharma
Paul Boland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:52 am     Reply with quote

Hi there,
There are a few different ways the X-Bee module can be configured. I used some before and all the end nodes were set to just behave like a standard modem, in orther words you tx data in and it will come out the Coordinator unit or Main management unit uart port.
My understanding is that this was the default setup.
Are you sure that the baud rate is correct to the default rate of the units, also that the clock settings in the code are OK. I have found that I thought I was tx at 9600 but I had messed up my fuses and clock settings in the code and I was actually at 19200. Scope the uart for the pulse timings
Hope that is some help
Paul Idea

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:06 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your help. Now my Xbee Series 2 RF Modules works fine with the above mentioned configurations. It works fine with the baud rate of 9600. Yes it works like standard modem. I downloaded the latest firmware level and retested all motes. Then it worked fine without any interruption.

Many thanks to you all.

Kushan Sharma Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: