CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

intermittent ethernet connection problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sideways_the_dog

intermittent ethernet connection problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:47 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using the CCS ethernet development kit and a modified version of the web code (the LCD key controls a synthesizer and the LED key enables the system). The code will be working for a while (I can pull up the web page, control the electronics) and for no reason I can consistently replicate, the page will time out. If I reset the board, that does not necessarily fix it- so I'm not sure that this is a board or software issue. However, after a few minutes sometimes the problem goes away and it works.

The device has been set as a static IP on a router (the router DHCP range is 192.168.168.100 to 149, the device is set to 168). I did try using DHCP on the board and that might actually be helping- or I've been lucky. I have another device on the router and I haven't had problems accessing it (commercial spectrum analyzer), and I haven't had problems connecting to the network. I'm wondering if the router might be sending queries to the board which is confusing it.

The question is: what might be causing this, and more importantly, what steps can I take to actually debug this. I know that the device isn't stuck off in the weeds (I put the watch dog timer on).

Thanks,
Greg
asmallri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:04 pm     Reply with quote

check to make sure the IP address is unique and not being assigned by network's DHCP server to another device

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
No IP conflict

static IP shouldn't conflict
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 am     Reply with quote

The static IP shouldn't conflict- it's outside of the range that dynamic IP addresses are assigned. Also, the router can tell me which IP addresses have been assigned (though it won't say which static IP addresses are lurking), and of the devices on the router the two computers are assigned non-conflicting IPs and the two pieces of test equipment which are static IPs do not conflict.
sideways_the_dog

DHCP also having problems
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:09 am     Reply with quote

DHCP is also having connection issues. We can talk to it for a few minutes, it starts timing out, then we can talk to it again. How can we try to fix this?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: