CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

can I get PCW 4.075 somewhere? 4.077 breaks my code...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundscu

can I get PCW 4.075 somewhere? 4.077 breaks my code...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:34 pm     Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of a very complex project using both uarts on a PIC18F6520. When I compile with 4.075, it works. With 4.077, output on usart1 is so botched I can't yet quantify what it is even trying to do.

This project addresses two different RS485 data busses from one usart, using different enable lines. One bus runs at 38.4kbps 8 bit, the other runs at 250kbps 9 bit, and the system jumps back and forth rapidly on-the-fly. It took a lot of work to get this setup to work reliably. And it does with compiler versions 4.069 (possibly earlier) through to 4.075.

I never should have installed the 4.077 update -- I'm a f&^*ing idiot. I'm working far from home, on a job site with limited time available for tweaking. And I don't have my backup drive with older versions of the compiler. It's Sunday.

Is there anywhere I can get 4.075 asap? I'm a fully licensed user with an active maintenance agreement. And I'm out of time. All I need is the old version so my tried-and-true code will work again.

Help is much appreciated!

Jim
dyeatman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

You need PCH or PCWH?

Since you are an active and licensed user I would feel sure CCS will send you an older version... They have always been good about dealing with me. There have been cases, when they didn't have the required version available, they approved one of us sending the file to the user. I have virtually all the versions saved going back for at least 5 years or more and I keep copies of all of them on a flash drive around my neck for emergencies. However it would be a violation of my license agreement to send it without permission.

If Darren Rook or someone else from CCS would approve it here in the thread or send me a PM I can have it you via email in a few minutes....

Dave
soundscu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:25 pm     Reply with quote

U R the best -- thanks! I would wait for approval also... no problem.

I have back versions on my backup drive in my office, just wasn't smart enough to bring them with me on the road.

An email has been sent to CCS. My wife might be able to send the file to me. Options are opening up... if all else fails, I will followup with you.

Most appreciated!
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: