CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PCWH 3.165

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john cutler

PCWH 3.165
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:23 pm     Reply with quote

Well, I was hopeful, but I installed 3.165 on my XP laptop, and it's pretty buggy.

The debugger hangs on launching - "can't find com port"
I'm using ICDU-40 with usb. But, if I launch the ICD IDE, it sees the ICDU-40 fine and works as before. On 3.163, you can set what port/kind the debugger is, but this crashes before you get the chance - or even see that much of the debug tabbed window.

It does seem to interface with MPLAB6.30, but I didn't have the ICD2 hooked up, so I didn't try. I'm rooting for CCS, and want to be using their debugger.

More later.

JC

Re: PCWH 3.165
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:46 pm     Reply with quote

With the july3 ICD_s and 3.165 much seems to be well so far.
I can't get both the built in debug monitor and another use rs232 stream to work in the same code (I sent CCS a bug report). CCS seems to be on the right track. I've been able to do some major debugging in spite of the ups and downs from the introduction of new CCS functionality. CCS has speeded up the time between code change and retesting with the debugger nicely.
Once CCS can gets this stable in the near future its going to be very hard to beat..its already much faster than ICD2 and a fraction of the cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

Can you please tell me - have you experienced problems with #use delay? If I enable #use delay(clock=40000000) and also #use rs232(DEBUGGER), I can't seem to use a delay_ms(10). The debugger monitor stops working. Is this "normal" behavior?

I'm back to 3.163 which is the latest version I can get working.

jc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:38 am     Reply with quote

:=Can you please tell me - have you experienced problems with #use delay? If I enable #use delay(clock=40000000) and also #use rs232(DEBUGGER), I can't seem to use a delay_ms(10). The debugger monitor stops working. Is this "normal" behavior?
:=
:=I'm back to 3.163 which is the latest version I can get working.
:=jc
I have working code with delay_ms using 3.165 a 18f8720 AT 20MHZ and printf to the debugger monitor. You using 40mhz shouldn't stop it from working. Now there was a code size bug in 3.163 w.r.t printf and perhaps other things that showed up with large code size and the COD file. 3.165 so far seems to fix it. The #USE RS232(DEBUGGER) will not work for me if there is another #USE rs232(.....) in the code but apart from that
it works well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:43 am     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>It may be a WindowsXP Pro problem, or the USB2.0 ports on my Pentium M Centrino 1.3Ghz new laptop.

I have an old 266 PI laptop (Windows ME) and upgraded to 3.165 just now. While I don't have the ICDU-40 hooked up yet, at least when I enable the debugger after compiling a very small program for 18F1320, the window opens correctly and I can click on the error message "No ICD detected" and all seems normal.

More after further investigation.

Thanks!

JC</font>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:03 pm     Reply with quote

:=Well, I was hopeful, but I installed 3.165 on my XP laptop, and it's pretty buggy.
:=The debugger hangs on launching - "can't find com port"
:=I'm using ICDU-40 with usb. But, if I launch the ICD IDE, it sees the ICDU-40 fine and works as before. On 3.163, you can set what port/kind the debugger is, but this crashes before you get the chance - or even see that much of the debug tabbed window.
:=It does seem to interface with MPLAB6.30, but I didn't have the ICD2 hooked up, so I didn't try. I'm rooting for CCS, and want to be using their debugger.
:=More later.
:=JC

3.165 doesn't run on my W2K laptop. Opens main form but throws up dialog box with error message about invalid access in pcw.exe. I have to use the Task Manager to kill the task.

V1.348 works OK but I wanted to use the pointer-to-function
features...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: