CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

TCP/udp Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biomed12

TCP/udp Server
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:34 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I need to design a udp server with MCU. I glanced CCS manual but I couldn't see anything about relavant libraries. Where can i find socket programming libraries?

Thanks.
Gabriel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

So, basically the same thing you already asked.

This is nothing new...google.
You need hardware and a cloud service.
Most examples you will find are for arduino.
You need an example that uses the native AT commands for the ESP.

Want to get this running quickly?
ESP8266 + thingspeak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:39 pm     Reply with quote

Gabriel wrote:
So, basically the same thing you already asked.

This is nothing new...google.
You need hardware and a cloud service.
Most examples you will find are for arduino.
You need an example that uses the native AT commands for the ESP.

Want to get this running quickly?
ESP8266 + thingspeak

It is not same thing. You think always just doing job but i can't do it by this way after graduate. It is not a compact way. Also I hate arduino stuffs. I just want a udp server whick works on a ip and i will make request from anywhere from any program which is written with C#, java or c++. I don't want a cloud service. Also if you want to professional work you can't use arduino, atmega MCUs soldered on pcb... bla bla bla...

Anyway, I turned to C18 compiler and its documentation. I collected all of documents and I will start study.

Thanks.
temtronic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:30 pm     Reply with quote

Gabriel was pointing you to the Ardunio as there's a lot more written for it than PICs. It is easy to take any Ardunio C code and rewrite as CCS C.
His reference to the 'cloud' , is that it is a known, easy to implement 'standard' so once your basic code is cut, anyone, anywhere in the World can access your 'Internet of Thing' device.
What you haven't said is HOW you intend the PIC to communicate with the 'World'. Normally you have the PIC talk to a PC that is connected 'somehow' to the web, though I suppose a cellphone link could work, though $$$, heck even good old landline dialup will work.

BTW C18 will require a LOT of intense reading ! I tried 20+ years ago, got fed up, bought PCM V2.534 and have enjoyed it since.

Jay
biomed12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
Gabriel was pointing you to the Ardunio as there's a lot more written for it than PICs. It is easy to take any Ardunio C code and rewrite as CCS C.
His reference to the 'cloud' , is that it is a known, easy to implement 'standard' so once your basic code is cut , anyone, anywhere in the World can access your 'Internet of Thing' device.
What you haven't said is HOW you intend the PIC to communicate with the 'World'. Normally you have the PIC talk to a PC that is connected 'somehow' to the web,though I suppose a cellphone link could work, though $$$, heck even good old landline dialup will work.

BTW C18 will require a LOT of intense reading ! I tried 20+ years ago, got fed up, bought PCM V2.534 and have enjoyed it since.

Jay

Temtronic,

I have completed the udp server software. I am waiting for delivering of 18f4620 now. As soon as it will be delivered, i will start implementing of the little project. Until it comes, i will write a c++ udp client.

The bad new, as you say there was much more readings in microchips documentation. I have read a lot of paper and i noted a lot of things about udp.

Good news, I think i have learned very important things. The best new is i have never used c18 compiler. When i was reading tcp ip stack document, i have controlled CCS stack codes and i realized that functions of two compiler nearly the same. Thus, I completed all of things by using ccs and codes have been compiled successfully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: