CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Getting PICkit 3 working with CCS IDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkdurfee

Getting PICkit 3 working with CCS IDE
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am     Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to get the CCS IDE talking to a PICkit 3 so that I can click Program > ICD for burning. I have installed the latest CCS IDE and CCSLOAD as well as the IDE plugin, setup_mctools.exe. There are no issues using my PICkit 3 within MPLAB X so it is not a connection problem or USB driver problem. I've browsed the CCS forum as well. I'm running Windows 8. So, could someone who has gotten this to work take me through the process step-by-step? Thanks.

------------------------
[5/4/2015 update]
I got it to work. The solution was to install Java SE version 7 (update 80). I was running Java SE version 8 (update 45), which apparently has problems working nicely with MPLAB X and the PICkit.

Last edited by wkdurfee on Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasiliok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 am     Reply with quote

Hello!

It was hard :-) Spent some time to figure out how to configure.

You need to go to Options > IDE > Tools and put new line there. Check the box and add:

Name: PicKit3 (whatever, you decide)
Usage: ProgramButton
Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v4.01\mplab_ipe\ipecmd.exe" /P24fj1024ga606 /F"%Over1_main.hex" /TPPK3 /M /OL

For me it works only in this manner. 'ver1_main.hex' - manual name of hex file. When I type %H - it doesn't work.

Microcontroller is '24fj1024ga606'. Not 'PIC' before the '24...'

Also check the path to your ipecmd.exe tool (installed with MPlabX).

Using CCS ver 5.074

Hope this info will help someone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: