CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Linking of files in MPLAB is not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arunb

Linking of files in MPLAB is not working
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

MPLAB IDE ver 8.89
CCS C Compiler: PCB Ver 4.141, PCM Ver 3.169, PCH Ver 4.073.

I have suddenly found that linking of library files in MPLAB 8.89 is not working.

I keep all my driver files in a separate folder called drivers in My Documents.

To link a file I add the include directive with the file name such as ...#include<file1.c>

From Project menu>>Build Options>>Project I change the 'Library Search Path' and 'Include Search Path' to My Documents/Drivers location. This instructed the compiler program to search in the selected folders.

The above method worked very well me for many years now, but recently (I think after installing PCB compiler) I find that the search loaction does not change to the one I select, but instead remains fixed at C:/Program Files/PICC/Drivers and also at the project location.

Please advise what is wrong. It seems some DLL has been corrupted or has changed.

I tried re-installing PCHupd file, the MPLAB IDE CCS plugin but nothing works.

thanks
a
epalite

Include Path problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

Observed similar problem with MPLAB 8.92 with PCH v5.016/v5.036 as well as PCM. Believe the problem exist in PCM/PCH v4.

Apparently if you duplicated multiple version of same project, e.g. when you wish to try a small changes, you copy/paste from 1st project , on compiling the 2nd project, MPLAB will look for files in 1st project directory to compile. It is visible from the compiler log.

Once you break the link, by means of renaming the 1st project path, MPLAB only then will look for the 2nd directory.

Not if there will be any fix for the classic MPLAB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: