CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

pic programmer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sreejith.s.s

pic programmer
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 am     Reply with quote

hai,
i need to make a pic programmer to program some pic microcontroller. pls any one help me. i no need the existing programers but i need to make a new one completely in all meaning. is there any tutorials regarding this......? pls help me....... then what is the procedures to burn a hex file to a pic microcontroller...... then how to burn a pic microcontroller..............pls help me............!
ckielstra

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:52 am     Reply with quote

Google??? Rolling Eyes
ezflyr

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

This is a user forum to support the CCS 'C' compiler, not a forum for DIY PIC programmers and other hardware. Having said that, there are literally thousands of DIY programmer projects floating around on the internet. A Google search using the search terms 'DIY PIC Programmer' will be a good place to start!

If cost is an issue, the USB-64 programmer available from CCS is a great value!

John
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:55 pm     Reply with quote

And as with most PIC questions, the data sheet is the answer.
In fact you need to look at the programmers reference sheets. Every individual PIC 'family' has one listed when you look at the full data sheet page. A total of about six sheets detailing how each family is programmed. What signals have to be operated, and what voltages they have to be taken to. Most of the 'freebie' programmer circuits can only do one family. The timings can be done with a PIC, and in fact most of the basic programmers use one, but also some hardware is needed to give a programmable voltage, feed-able to the required pins for different chips.
You need to pull every programming sheet for every family you want to handle, then work out which pins need which signals (MicroChip do keep the programming pins relatively 'constant' on different models).
Then it is initially all hardware design, which needs to go to a hardware forum.
If in a few weeks time, you have working hardware, and are having problems with the code, and are using CCS, then come back. Otherwise, don't.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: