CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

LEAPER 48 does not pick PIC18f2550 parameters by its self.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarslanali

LEAPER 48 does not pick PIC18f2550 parameters by its self.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 am     Reply with quote

I am trying to usb interface my PIC18f2550 with PC. I am using WFF HID USB demo from waitingforfriday.com .The problem is that the LEAPER 48 universal burner is not picking the config bits. I compiled the code with C18 compiler in MPLAB lite ide. The problem is that PC recognizes HID device but its very random. Sometimes it picks and sometimes not. I think the problem is with the internal pull up registers. They are set in the code but when I measure the D+ line it only has about 0.5 volts and VUSB has about 2.9 Volts. I think the problem is with the LEAPER 48. Because in device ID it shows all zeroes when I load the hex file. Please help.
sarslanali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:26 am     Reply with quote

I figured out why LEAPER 48 (PIC programmer made by Batronix) is not reading the parameters right. I am sharing it so that if anyone else has this problem it might help him.
Actually the problem is in the definition of PIC18f2550 and PIC18f4550. When you select the these devices from the menu, a dialog shows up that the config register is from 008300h to _____ while its actual config register starts at 300000h (It is available in the IC writer's folder and driver, named as pic18f2550.ini) . Even then if you don't set your parameters manually in parameters menu, your code will not run properly. Later if you put all FF in hex file, from the IC writer hex file menu, nothing will change. I don't know why it is like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: