CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC24F Development Kit - Issue with "#device ICD=TRUE&q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsunshine

PIC24F Development Kit - Issue with "#device ICD=TRUE&q
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 am     Reply with quote

I wanted to share a helpful response I received from CCS in response to an issue I was having. I just got started with the PIC24F Development Kit and I was getting "Verification Failure" when trying to load the simple green led flashing program in the Exercise book.

It turns out that the line
Code:
#device ICD=TRUE
was the culprit. Commenting out this line and manually loading the hex file resulted in a program that worked correctly. However, this did not allow me to use the IDE's debugger.

I contacted CCS, and they told me to use the line
Code:
#device ICD=2
instead. The reasons is that #device ICD=TRUE is a macro that equates to
Code:
#device ICD=1
CCS stated that newer versions of the compiler (I have 4.124) have added new functionality to choose the pair of ICSP pins to use for debugging based on the number after "ICD=".

After making this correction everything worked perfectly. Not sure if this problem has been seen already, but I figured I would post the solution for everyone's benefit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: