CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD control working - Debugger not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcurtis

ICD control working - Debugger not
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:44 am     Reply with quote

All was good, untill i updated ICDU software (April 26th download) . Now the debugger gives me "can't detect target chip", however if I use the ICD control program, all works fine(passes all tests,and downloads). Seems if one works, the other should, however I'm just a hobbiest, so not all that clear on how they differ. Using ver 3.42 ide, 1.87 compilers, v2.30 icd control prrogram, 1.39 icd firmware, and ICDU40. Tried rolling back to previuos versions, but didn't help. Just to keep progress moving forward I'm using the ICD program, but it's not as much fun.

Thanks
Maynard
mcurtis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:36 am     Reply with quote

Found a solution, but not an answer. Switched to a 18F452 from the 16F877 and debugger started working again. I had been running in fast mode (-5v option -Advanced tab on icd control). on start up with 18F452, got a warning this may cause problems. Tried turning it off and went back to 16F877, but still did not work. Please keep me posted if ccs responds.

-maynard
smashHIT

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:42 pm     Reply with quote

Had the same problem, and asked CCS what to do:

Sir,
Try renaming the devices.dat to deviceso.dat and the devicesp.dat to devices.dat in the compiler directory.
Thanks
CCS Tech Support

That worked like a charm!
seven

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 am     Reply with quote

i do not have the file "devices.dat".

Is it available just with the lastest version? cause i'm running with the 3.222 version
mcurtis

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:05 am     Reply with quote

Worked for me as well. While testing, I noticed the 18F452 downloads much faster than the 16F877. Do different chips have different ICSP download speeds, or is this a CCS debugger issue.

Thanks
scanpa

Have same problem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 am     Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem after installation of rel 3.225: ICD is working stand alone but not as debugger.

Making a roll back to previous 3.224 all is ok.

CCS support can help us ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: