CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RWS-434/ TWS-434

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg

RWS-434/ TWS-434
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:12 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has succesfully used these(RWS-434/ TWS-434) RF communication modules with PICs and CCS compiler. If so i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips as to how i should be implementing them into my system, what method should i use to send the data? I have tried using CSS RS232 routines with the pic pins wired directly to the transmit and recive pins on the modules, usine ong pic to send data and one pic to recieve data, but i have had no success. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Greg
Neutone

Re: RWS-434/ TWS-434
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:52 pm     Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has succesfully used these(RWS-434/ TWS-434) RF communication modules with PICs and CCS compiler. If so i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips as to how i should be implementing them into my system, what method should i use to send the data? I have tried using CSS RS232 routines with the pic pins wired directly to the transmit and recive pins on the modules, usine ong pic to send data and one pic to recieve data, but i have had no success. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Greg

I don't know that part but maybe you need to invert your signal.
Greg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:20 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for the reply, i tried that and didnt have much success.
I found a webpage: http://www.rentron.com/ruf-bot.htm
which contains source code written in some kind of PIC BASIC. The code they use for transmitting seems to be something along the lines of:
Code:

serout 1,n9600,(5)

and for the recieve:
Code:

serin 1,n9600,B0

I am not entirely sure how to translate these commands to CCS C for the pic16f84. If anyone could help me out with that, it would be great!
Thanks,
Greg
Greg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:38 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
well i now have data transfering using the invert option or rs232 but it appears to all be scrambled :( im sending an 'a' char every second but on the recieveing end im getting just a random char every second:(
Any ideas?
Thanks
Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: