CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How do I test PIC external Oscillator with scope?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johannes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:14 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the information. I really appreciate the awsome response.

Cheers,
Johannes
neil

scope problems
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:51 am     Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Tektronix TDS3034B which I find OK for all my work. RF, analogue, logic etc. I have had problems seeing false waveforms due to aliasing and now accept this as a 'reality check' I have to do when I'm looking at high frequencies. Just look at the timebase setting and make sure it is correct for the frequency you expect to see!

One last thing, may sound silly, but could you have had the probe setting on 50ohm rather than 1Megohm when you first tried to look at the xtal, then on a subsequent power off/on of the scope defaulted back to 1 Meg, clearing the problem? This is not always easy to notice looking at the scope and would definitely have caused it to stop oscillating!!

Regards,
Neil.
neil

scope problems
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:51 am     Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Tektronix TDS3034B which I find OK for all my work. RF, analogue, logic etc. I have had problems seeing false waveforms due to aliasing and now accept this as a 'reality check' I have to do when I'm looking at high frequencies. Just look at the timebase setting and make sure it is correct for the frequency you expect to see!

One last thing, may sound silly, but could you have had the probe setting on 50ohm rather than 1Megohm when you first tried to look at the xtal, then on a subsequent power off/on of the scope defaulted back to 1 Meg, clearing the problem? This is not always easy to notice looking at the scope and would definitely have caused it to stop oscillating!!

Regards,
Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: