CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to program a camera with pic18F4550 using CCS ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lozi_dani

How to program a camera with pic18F4550 using CCS ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:03 am     Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I open this post because i'm experimenting with this both components. I have tested an Arducam Mini w/ ov5642 using an Arduino Nano board and it work fine!

I think now it's time to try with this language, because with Arduino is so easy because they already have the code to only plug and play.

I will try different ways, one of them will be try to adapt the code of Arduino to CCS and I will be posting here the progress or what i'm doing.

Anyway, if some of you have any idea or some advices to help, i will be so greatful.

My goal is to achieve run it and post a tutorial of how i did it for people who want to try something different.

This is a website where you can take some info about how this works in Arduino Nano: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arducam-Mini-With-ESP8266-Wi-Fi-Is-Amazing/

Thank you!
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

Frankly I won't design products using the 4550 anymore (have a full tube here collecting dust). It's cheaper, easier and faster to use an 18F46K22 or similar PIC. 4550 is a 5V device, most peripherals, like the camera are 3V devices so you MUST add proper logic level conversion between devices. Also if you intend to use the internal USB, look out for how much code space is used for the USB driver ! It's simpler, cheaper and easier to use a $2 TTL<>USB module. They work, NO driver code required and you need a connector, wiring, caps, Rs, etc. and HOPE you get the PCB right the first time!
Code translation from them to CCS is fairly easy, maybe a night or two at best.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: