CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC18F4550 Help :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
germans

PIC18F4550 Help :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:26 am     Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I'm working with a PIC18F4550 and all was going perfect... I have a 4 MHz crystal and the configuration is as follow:
Code:
// Fuses
#fuses HSPLL,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,NOLVP,DEBUG,USBDIV,PLL1,CPUDIV4,VREGEN,MCLR,ICSP1

#use delay(clock=16M)

By accident, I powered the PIC with 8.5 V, 15 seconds until i realized. I thought that the micro has survived. But now (ten days later) the PIC can't recognise the crystal. I mean, with the internal oscillator it works perfect, but when i configure to work with an external crystal it makes what it want.

I tried with different crystals (4, 8 and 20 MHz) and with the corresponding C (15, 22 and 27 pF) but it doesn't recognise none of them. Do you think the PLL of the PIC is dead? The rest of the PIC works nice! I'm having a lot of headaches!

Thanks, I'm waiting your opinion Smile
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Toss it out, PDQ !! If nothing else the 'guts' for the external (XTAL) osc is kaput. WHY take a chance on using KNOWN defective parts? Sooner or later 'something' else inside the blob of epoxy will fail.
If you weren't so far away you could have the tube of 4550 I have collecting dust here.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: