CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CWG Module PIC12F1571

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Sonic-

CWG Module PIC12F1571
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 am     Reply with quote

I'm working on a new project for a frequency generator and I want to use the CWG Module in the PIC121571 but I need some help.
To test the CWG Module, the only thing I want to do is to produce a complementary waveform on pin RA0 and RA2. The input signal is generated external with a function generator on pin RA1.

Here is my code:
Code:

set_tris_a(0b00100010);
setup_comparator(NC_NC);
setup_vref(VREF_OFF);
setup_adc_ports(ADC_OFF);
setup_cwg(CWG_ENABLED | CWG_OUTPUT_A | CWG_OUTPUT_B | CWG_CWG1B_A0 | CWG_CWG1A_A2 | CWG_B_INVERTED | CWG_CLOCK_FOSC | CWG_INPUT_PWM1 , CWG_NO_AUTO_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0);

I don't know what is wrong, but I don't get any signal on pin A0 and A2, although a rectangular signal of 2kHz is on pin A1.
Any idea?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:51 am     Reply with quote

You shouldn't need the invert. The 'B' output, is fed from the /Q output of the internal flip flop, the 'A' output, from Q. So the module should give inverted outputs without you having to invert either signal.

Then generally, with these setups, CCS often forgets to set the TRIS. So use 'output_drive()' on each of the pins you are using, to ensure that the driver is turned on. Though you set TRIS first, this will be overridden by the setup, since TRIS _must_ be off to configure this peripheral.

The 2KHz you are seeing is the PWM output. You are telling the CWG, to operate from PWM1 _out_. You can't use the output as an input. The only external signal the CWG can use is the comparator. So the compiler is programming PWM1 to feed PWM1_OUT

So:
Code:

setup_comparator(CP1_A1_FVR);
   //Enable the comparator input on A1.
   setup_vref(VREF_COMP_DAC_2v048);
   //set the reference to 2.048V
   setup_adc_ports(ADC_OFF);
   setup_cwg(CWG_ENABLED | CWG_OUTPUT_A | CWG_OUTPUT_B | CWG_CWG1B_A0 | CWG_CWG1A_A2 | CWG_CLOCK_FOSC | CWG_INPUT_C1OUT , CWG_NO_AUTO_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0);
   //feed this from the comparator output

output_float(PIN_A1); //make sure A1 is an input
   output_drive(PIN_A0);
   output_drive(PIN_A2); //enable the two CWG outputs.

I think that should be close (no guarantees....).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: