CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC doing sound equalising?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curt2go

PIC doing sound equalising?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:57 pm     Reply with quote

I am using a 16bit dac into an amplifier. My processor is a 24EP256GP206 running at 140MHz. I am wondering if anyone has ever done any equaliser type stuff with a pic. Is it even possible to boost some frequencies and lower others or is it all just happening way to fast. I am using an interrupt to run the sound file from an SD card.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 am     Reply with quote

While it _might_ be possible, it 'd take a lot of code, so I hope you have LOTS of 'free' time.....
What I had a PIC do was control a SB IDE (8 bit) sound card Mind you this was 2 decades ago when the 16F877 was 'the' pick of PICs, board was wirewrapped and it did work, rather well. All the hard 'analog control' was done in the SB card, PIC just diddled it's registers.....,
The key to coding, is to focus on one feature, get it working, then recode to make as small and fast a function as possible, building your 'library' of features as you go. Not too sure how you tackle the 'tone' control, bass boost, equailzer features but start with say just 'bass bost', learn and proceed.
I can see a LOT of reading, Googling and code cutting for sure !!

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:24 am     Reply with quote

I'd have to suggest that it'd be far easier to use a simpler/slower PIC, and do the equaliser function externally using something like an LMC835. To actually do simultaneous processing on multiple bands, is going to be a lot of code (allow several months of development....).
curt2go

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 am     Reply with quote

LOL. That's what I thought. Next revision I will just use a DAC that has it built in. Far easier to write a register. Funny thing is I found one same specs as what i'm using essentially but with the added mixing functions.. Crazy.

Thanx for your input guys as always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: