CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MAX7219 Serial 8 digit seven segment display driver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhonny

MAX7219 Serial 8 digit seven segment display driver
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:17 pm     Reply with quote

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38882
I would like to ask for help. I use your code and very good. Thank you for sharing! The problem is that the removal of the power (and then back switch) can not initialize the MAX7219. Only "8" show numbers. When very quick to turn off and on the power supply, is there a way to pop in a good display and it works fine. The MAX7219 is connected correctly and the 10uF +100 nF is soldered onto the power supply terminals. I tried to increase the delays - without success ... A PIC18F2620 is driven at 20MHz. What could be the problem? I've changed my MAX7219, but it may not solved the problem. Please help me! (I'm going crazy) Shocked
arunb

RE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 am     Reply with quote

I think its an issue with power up timings. Maybe you should reset the 7219's supply from the PIC after startup.

Does the 7219 communicate in this condition ??

thanks
a
Jhonny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:11 am     Reply with quote

Yes, it works ... but only sometimes. May require that the normal departure, when the power source off and on very quickly. It's no good if the power goes out because the display does not start correctly. I tried a delay to the start of the program, the MAX7219 to first "wake up" and then initialize the program. Unfortunately, the result has been even worse.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 am     Reply with quote

Try clearing the display test register.

It sounds as if the 7219, is seeing a spike on a select/clock, and going into an unexpected mode. If the display_test register bottom bit gets set, it'll sit with all segments on ('8' displayed), and won't accept any other commands till this bit is cleared. Since it is register 0xF, a clock signal seen with everything else high, could give this behaviour.

Best Wishes
Jhonny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 am     Reply with quote

Ttelmah!
Bull's-eye! That was the problem! But it is in the program, but has been commented out, I do not know why? Embarassed
Thank you very much for your help!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Glad I hit it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: