CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB-Serial converter type host

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alejandroj

USB-Serial converter type host
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:17 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a modem that has several features, when I connect it to my PC starts to enumerate the USB ports and create THREE (03) virtual com (COM5, COM6 and COM7) using the hyperterminal I can to connect to COM5 I and interact with the modem , I need to do the same but using a PIC, I have understood that I have to use a PIC that supports OTG, but searching the forum did not find anything of this type of applications.

Could someone recommend a module that can do the same, I need a module that act as a HOST that allows to enumerate USB modem ports and also provided a UART for Interactual with COM5, so you can use any PIC range 18 to my development.

In short I need a USB-Serial converter type host, there is this?
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 am     Reply with quote

Have a look at the 'Vinculum' based modules VNC2 made by FTDI. You can buy a module for about $25 from supplier like Digikey.You can easily wire up to a PIC. If you get the 2 port version, one port can be Host, the other a slave.
There are OTG PICs as well though I've never used them and only 'played' with the V2 device for a couple of months using an 1846k22 as the 'brains'.
Alejandroj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 am     Reply with quote

Hi temtronic,

In addition the VNC2 what other things (programmer, cable, compiler, etc) I need to start my development with the VNC2
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am     Reply with quote

You'll need the 'programmer' module. Have a look at the FTDI website, I ordered my units from Digikey(same price, <18hr delivery).
PM me if you need part numbers, etc. as this is a bit 'off topic' until you start cutting C code....

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: