CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help with DSPIC33 and ECAN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a.mills

Help with DSPIC33 and ECAN
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am     Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm having trouble setting up a CAN bus using the DSPIC33F. I've read the documentation provided by Microchip, but their example code assumes a different compiler and is only marginally helpful.

I'm aware that CCS has a CAN library for other micros, and have found the can-dspic30.h and can-pic24.h libraries, but is there one available for the dsPIC33F?

Also, the help menu says that these libraries are only for use with the MCP2515 CAN interface chip, which I am not using.

I guess what I'm getting at is am I going to have to set up my own library to accomplish this, or is there an easier/quicker way?

Thank you for reading, and for any help you can provide.

A
newguy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am     Reply with quote

Use "can-PIC24.c" as a starting point but be wary of the CCS functions because most of them don't work on PCD (or at least they didn't as of 4.141). I did a lot of CAN enabled projects using PIC18 devices and the CCS drivers/functions worked great, but all that came to a screeching halt when I migrated to a dsPIC33FJ256GP710A. I had to basically do it all from scratch - setting up filters, CAN speed, sending & receiving messages, etc, by directly manipulating registers.

Sorry, can't share the code as it's propietary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: