CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

tcp/ip PIC24E

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim85

tcp/ip PIC24E
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:39 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the CCS ported tcp/ip stack to work with the PIC24E series?

I am using a PIC24EP512GP806 connected to an ENC28J60.

I am using EX13b as test code and have had this code working successfully on the CCS Ethernet development board which uses a PIC18F.

I have written my own register map to allow the stack to work with the PIC24E that I am using and have checked this over and over. I have also modified enc28j60.c to make sure that the SPI bus is clocking at the correct frequency and added my own hardware configuration in ccstcpip.h.

I have checked that the SPI bus is working correctly with an oscilloscope and there is data being sent and received.

As far as I can tell my hardware is ok (famous last words) but what I would like to know is if anyone has got the stack working with a PIC24E and if they have what/if anything have they had to modify?

Thanks,

Tim
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:01 am     Reply with quote

I''d talk to CCS, and see if you have the 'latest' stack.
They seem to be updating the stack, now V5 is getting to work well, and I'd suspect that more modern chips would be an area they will have addressed.
An 'enquiry' cost nothing, and may well save a lot of time...

Best Wishes
tim85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:04 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I am fully up-to-date with the latest stack for V5 but I think you are right about me needing to contact CCS.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 am     Reply with quote

I'm not talking about the latest on the site. There seems to be a 'hint' of a 'beta' stack showing it's head. Another person having problems recently, got this, and after some fiddling, it did solve the issues.

Best Wishes
tim85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 am     Reply with quote

I have now spoken to CCS and they have answered my question for the time being. The CCS ported version of the TCP/IP stack does not currently work with the PIC24E family. It is something that they are aware of and I think it is something that they are slowly working on.

It has been suggested that there may be a timing issue causing the problem.

If anyone has solved this please let CCS know and myself so that the TCP/IP stack can be updated for everyone to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: