CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Verification Error on one computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhockersmith

Verification Error on one computer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 am     Reply with quote

Hello all,
Have a strange issue with CCSLoad and the ICD-U64s. We just got a new programer going here and when he goes to do a chip program the software will write but then fail verification. It is only for a few bytes which I assume might be the flags. The range is "006 - 011" and "068 - 072" (I am honestly guessing here as I cant recreate the issue very well. This is with a PIC18F4620 if that matters. Here is the background:
Windows 7 x64 (sp1 may or may not be installed)
Non administrator user
Just freshly installed all of the software, CCS PCWHD 4.141 (our company has not started evaluating 5.x), CCSLoad 4.046, updated the ICD Firmware to 2.98, and installed the latest USB drivers for the ICD.

We tried a different icd>pic header cable, a different ICD with version 2.95, reinstalling the CCSLoad, reinstalling the drivers, different USB ports on his computer, different target boards, different power supplies for the target boards, and finally a different computer with his hex file.

Of all of the things we tried moving the hex file on a flashdrive over to another computer worked. Same setup, latest CCSLoad and drivers, moved his ICD over, ran a program and there were no errors.

I guess the other question is what would cause a "Verification Error" every time on his computer? Do we need to try different USB ports or get a new USB add in card for them. It seems like a hassle to need to use another computer every time he wishes to program something. Any thoughts you might have would be grateful. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 pm     Reply with quote

I'd be suspicious of power.
If you have a powered hub available, try running through this.

The ICD at times needs pretty much all a port can normally supply. Some machines (particularly laptops), can sometimes not meet the USB spec's on power.....

Best Wishes
hhockersmith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am     Reply with quote

Hmmm. I wondered about that. The powered USB hub is a good idea. I will see what we have available and try that. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: