CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to CCS Technical Support

18F4520 Development Kit [Solved]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axis

18F4520 Development Kit [Solved]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm     Reply with quote

I have the dev kit for 18F4520 and have an issue with exercise 12. The code was confirmed working by the techs at CCS. The part that's not working is regarding the debug monitor. When I enable the debugger and run the code I get the output to the monitor window to enter the first number. I highlight the window to set the focus and try to enter a number but nothing shows up and that's as far as it will go. I am using win 7 x64 and have tried two computers and win 7 x86. I have the latest compiler version and have tried this before the new ver 5 update with the same results. Currently everything is up to date. I put together a new 4520 on my own board and same thing. The RS232 on this example works fine. My guess is that the board is good and the U64 is good. Has anyone had a similar problem? Has anyone tried this on Win 7 x64?
axis

18F4520 Development Kit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 am     Reply with quote

Problem was solved. My ICD-U64 was bad. CCS could not find any other reason why I would get output from the monitor (printf) but could not do input (getc). They sent me a new one and corrected the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: