CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SMS(texting) hardware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
temtronic

SMS(texting) hardware
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 am     Reply with quote

I need to do 'simple' SMS sending of text only. Seems to be a few choices for hardware TC35, ADH8066. Anyone have a preference/pros &cons/ ease of use 'words of wisdom'.
PIC will be 18F46K22.
Thanks
Jay
ezflyr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 am     Reply with quote

Hi Jay,

The ADH8066 from Sparkfun ($49.95) is really easy to use! If it's a "one-off" project, just purchase it with a breakout board, unless you are comfortable soldering the fine pitch connector. If you power your PIC at 3.8V along with the GSM module, you can directly connect the two together. If you go this route, I can share some schematics and sample code!

John
Gabriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Ive used a Sony Ericcson TA-290 with alot of success... the TX RX pins are accessible on the standard phone connector... you could buy (if you find it) the DB9 adapter... or solder fly wires directly... ebay.

You may find also an ENFORA 1218 module on ebay, which is what i currently use... i got 3 and they are GREAT...self contained, RUGGED modules, that can take a beating.. they come with DB9 serial port 5-9V input.

Sparkfun has some choices as well... a few dev boards and Arduino shields that might do the job...

My best choice would be an ENFORA 1218.... really good modules, aluminum encased..... no need to fiddle with them... they just work.

G
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: