CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS compilation error 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean FOUGERON

CCS compilation error 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Hi friends
I really tearing hair with this compiler :

I have :
Code:
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Users\Flashelek\Documents\Technique\Developpement\SFLS\JX2360\V0\sfls2360.mcs".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\Ccsc.exe" +FH "sfls.c" +DF +LN +T +A +M +Z +Y=9 +EA
*** Error 12 "C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\pic18_usb.c" Line 558(13,14): Undefined identifier  -- Frequence
*** Error 12 "C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\usb.c" Line 244(56,57): Undefined identifier  -- Frequence
      2 Errors,  0 Warnings.
Build Failed.
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED: Wed Apr 17 17:00:53 2013

And when I edit these 2 files C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\pic18_usb.c and C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\usb.c there is not this identifier -- Frequence
More, their modification date is 2012.
This identifier Frequence has been created by me in my .c file

What can happen ?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 am     Reply with quote

What is your compiler version number 4.xxx?.
Re-install the original files with the compiler.
I have just looked through just about every release of CCS, for the last year, and _none_ have the word 'frequence' used in these files. They might have existed in an older beta version (didn't bother to look back any further). CCS are unlikely to use the word 'frequence', being American, they would use probably use 'frequency' (frequence, is French, or Old English). I'd suspect your files have been modified.
Switch to the originals supplied by CCS.
Jean FOUGERON

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:39 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer
I realize that my explanations are not clear enough

What is happening :
I, some weeks ago, developped an USB application, and wanted to trace the USB activit, so I wrote a routine Frequence (which blinks a LED) and called it in usb_kbhit and usb_wait_for_enumeration, but then I suppressed the routine from them.
When, today, I edit usb.C and pic18_usb.c the call to my routine Frequence is absent !

Code:
int1 usb_kbhit(unsigned int8 en)
{
   return((UEP(en)!=ENDPT_DISABLED)&&(!bit_test(EP_BDxST_O(en),7)));
}

But when I edit my .lst file I see it still present Evil or Very Mad
Code:
int1 usb_kbhit(unsigned int8 en)
.................... {
....................    return((UEP(en)!=ENDPT_DISABLED)&&(!bit_test(EP_BDxST_O(en),7)));
....................    Frequence();
.................... }

So, I wonder whether CCS include another file than "C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\pic18_usb.c" but which one ?
And I want to include the correct one.

I hope this is better explained

Thanks for your advices
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:32 am     Reply with quote

just an idea....
perhaps the compiler sees the 'return(...)' and stops there,not inserting the Frequence() function ?
To me the 'return(...) would signal the end of the function,so the compiler would ignore any additional code after it?

also...
I found that it's always best to copy a CCS function,rename the copy to say 'my_ccs_function', edit my copy,and call it NOT edit the original.
It will confirm the compiler is accessing _your_ code and not the CCS orginal code.

hth
jay
Jean FOUGERON

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
just an idea....
perhaps the compiler sees the 'return(...)' and stops there,not inserting the Frequence() function ?
To me the 'return(...) would signal the end of the function,so the compiler would ignore any additional code after it?

I agree, you are right, this did not allow to see the Frequency routine
But ...
There is not the question here

The question is "WHY CCS COMPILE WITH A FILE WHICH, APPARENTLY, DO NOT EXIST ?"
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:44 am     Reply with quote

It isn't.....

It is pulling a different version. Fairly 'classic'. You need first to do a search in the path defined in your system, for other versions of the file(s), and then (if you are using a project), close all the files except the main source file, then do an 'open all files'. The project has a really annoying habit, of 'remembering' where older files are, while CCS itself, will also remember the include locations used for older file versions.
So the project is showing one version of the unmodified file, but is still compiling with the modified version.
Sort of thing it does. If you open one of it's own definition files, then edit a file of your own, then say 'save' (rather than letting it do this itself), it'll sometimes save a copy of your own file in the directory used for the processor definition files. No pattern to when it does it or doesn't....

Best Wishes
Jean FOUGERON

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:20 am     Reply with quote

It is what I suspect also.
Do you know where I find these directories defined in MPLAB IDE ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: