CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How do I add a new file to a project?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanron

How do I add a new file to a project?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 am     Reply with quote

I have a project made in PCWHD Compiler v4.109, and want to simply add a .h header file to the project. I don't see any way to do this in the IDE, nor have I been able to find anything in CCS's documentation. There is a button to 'Add Unit' but that doesn't do what I want. I can't even find any documentation on what 'unit' is. It seems so simple, why am I having a problem with this?
Thanks
Ron
evanron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am     Reply with quote

I got an answer from CCS, so I got it now. I did this and the IDE added the .h file to my project. Seems an odd way to do things.

"For simple include files don't add them at all. After you compile the IDE will fill in the names of your include files (found from your #include's).

This is a bit confusing and in version 5 we have improved the project management a lot."

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: