CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Graphic display no memory in the PIC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterngleiter

Graphic display no memory in the PIC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 am     Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a graphic display with touch panel and they are called different menus.
The memory of PIC16F690 is not enough. I would like to store the bitmaps and the menus in a text file in the MMC / SD card. I think it is generally made so or?
I lack the experience and knowledge in this regard. The internet is pretty much about it but I am very confused. I have been programming in C with CCS compiler. I would be happy for any advice and suggestion really makes me move forward.
I thank you in advance. Question Question Mad Question Question
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

points to consider...

1) You should choose another PIC, one with far more RAM to allow data transfers to/from the MMC/SD card.
MMC/SD cards typically read/write data in 512 byte 'chunks' so you should have a 512 byte buffer for the data AND another 512 byte buffer for the 'raw data', and more RAM for program variables (counters, flags, etc.).

2) ALL MMC/SD cards run from 3 volts, most PICs from 5 and are not 'compatible'. So either choose a 3 volt (L) version of the PIC or use an 'interface voltage level translator' chip to PROPERLY interface the PIC and MMC/SD card.

Another option for data storage is to use the 'Vinculum' USB flash drive modules. Easy to interface though about $25.

Choose another PIC. Something like the 18F46K22 hould easily do the task you want with plenty of 'room' left over. You should do the math to see what your actual requirements for memory(EEPROM and RAM) is. Remember, programs always get bigger!

Check out the available drivers in the examples folder that CCS supplies, check the 'code library' on this forum...plenty of examples to see.

hth
jay
bkamen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

There is a PIC specifically designed for driving graphics displays...

It's the PIC24FJ256DA210 (if I have that PN right)

It has 96KB built in exclusively for driving small graphics displays of varying color depths.

-Ben
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: