CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MPLAB & CCS: Changed Output Directory, Failed to load er

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinky

MPLAB & CCS: Changed Output Directory, Failed to load er
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 am     Reply with quote

My goal is to keep the compiler generated files (.lst, .hex, etc) separate from the folder that contains my source code.

I'm using MPLAB v8.84 and CCS PCM 4.132.

MPLAB Project->Build Options...->Project
In the Directories tab I created a new path for the output directory.

The project successfully compiles ("BUILD SUCCEEDED"), the generated files are separate from my source code, but MPLAB gives a pop up window that says "Failed to Load." There is a button to click "OK."

This persists while using either "Build Directory Policy"

Thoughts?
temtronic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm     Reply with quote

several...
why...though it's been dealt with before...I just keep everything where the programs want them to be...

how...easy...simply create a 'batch file' that first lets the compiler 'do it's thing' normally, then when you're done and you exit the program, the next line in the batch file moves those files over to another directory.

yeah, 'old school' but simple and it works....
_olaf_

Re: MPLAB & CCS: Changed Output Directory, Failed to loa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:21 pm     Reply with quote

stinky wrote:
My goal is to keep the compiler generated files (.lst, .hex, etc) separate from the folder that contains my source code.

I'm using MPLAB v8.84 and CCS PCM 4.132.

MPLAB Project->Build Options...->Project
In the Directories tab I created a new path for the output directory.

The project successfully compiles ("BUILD SUCCEEDED"), the generated files are separate from my source code, but MPLAB gives a pop up window that says "Failed to Load." There is a button to click "OK."

This persists while using either "Build Directory Policy"

Thoughts?

Do you have the correct user rights for the path. I had a similar problem with the user rights on Vista
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:40 am     Reply with quote

Yes, I'd agree with _olaf_ on this.
Have been running CCS, putting all the output stuff into separate directories OK, for many versions. Generally, it seems to work better, if you put the source files into the directory you want, _then_ build the project selecting these files. However a permissions problem would also seem likely. Remember it is CCS's permissions, inherited from you, rather than your own permissions that apply. I had a permissions problem on a network resource, which gave very similar problems.
CCS itself does this fine. However the fact the pop-up comes from MPLAB, suggests this may be the source of the problem. Have you tried actually building the MPLAB project from scratch, selecting this directory right at the start, and creating the project in this directory?.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: