CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ENC28j60 Example Help!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
churrinfunflais

ENC28j60 Example Help!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 am     Reply with quote

Hi everyone!!!

I'm trying to make a Ethernet application and a i have purchased a module with a ENC28j60 Ethernet controller:

i have a PIC18f4550 to connect with, but i have not been successful with these task because i donĀ“t find any example with the enc28j60 ccs library and the TCP/IP Stack from microchip is confusing , so i need your help to make it happen , maybe a basic example of the code needed to make it run will be so helpful.

the application I need to make is simple, only make a led blink when a signal from the network is recognized, that is all. (simple, only 1 led).

Thanks..
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:12 pm     Reply with quote

I'd look/talk to the module's manufacturer for help, after that use Google to find some code.
The OEM should have some kind of application notes, examples how to use, etc., if not, return for a refund.
churrinfunflais

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm     Reply with quote

The manufacturer is Chinese and the module is only the schematic that Microchip recommend for its use. You can see it in the ENC28j60 data sheet.
asmallri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 pm     Reply with quote

What you need is the CCS code examples for the Embedded Ethernet Development kit.

If you already have the CCS TCP-IP stack and it does not include an example for this kit and you have a current CCS maintenance agreement, contact CCS support and ask for the stack.

A very similar pictures of this module was posted very recently on the Microchip Forum. It could be a coincidence but if not then, as I previously stated, you are wasting your time using this PIC. Due to its limited RAM and program memory it is poorly suited to general purpose TCP/IP stack based applications. You mentioned you found the Microchip TCP/IP stack confusing, I agree it is, it also will not support this PIC for the reason I have mentioned.

Your request to simply to on a LED is like asking a builder to give you an example of a bell ringing in a bell tower. You need to build the bell tower first. The ENC28J60 is a very low level driver, you need an operation stack running on top in order to flash the LED, to do that you need a PIC with sufficient resources to run the stack.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: