CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB camera to AV signal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
levettp

USB camera to AV signal
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 am     Reply with quote

I have a USB microscope and a set of these new virtual screen glasses. The microscope runs with the standard Windows drivers and the virtual screen has an AV input.

After a lengthy search I could not find any standard device that I can plug the USB microscope into that has an AV video output (other than a PC that will not be practical for my application). My application is to use the microscope outdoors hence the use of video glasses so that I can work in direct sunlight.

What I want to do is basically the opposite to the readily available AV to USB video capturing devices.

Does anyone have experience with PIC code to directly read a USB camera signal and convert it to AV video signal?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:04 am     Reply with quote

99% of PIC's can't do this.
If fact I doubt if any can.
The USB device needs to connect to a USB _host_. There are a few PIC's with this ability the USB 'OTG' devices. However the device then needs to have the code and _hardware_ to generate an AV output. This might be added to such a PIC, but will cost an enormous amount in development - both of hardware, and the code to do it. I'd reckon on something in the order of 1000 man hours.
Now, you rule out a PC, but 'think again'. Look at matchbox PC's running an embedded Linux core.

Best Wishes
levettp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:00 am     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
99% of PIC's can't do this.
If fact I doubt if any can.
The USB device needs to connect to a USB _host_. There are a few PIC's with this ability the USB 'OTG' devices. However the device then needs to have the code and _hardware_ to generate an AV output. This might be added to such a PIC, but will cost an enormous amount in development - both of hardware, and the code to do it. I'd reckon on something in the order of 1000 man hours.
Now, you rule out a PC, but 'think again'. Look at matchbox PC's running an embedded Linux core.

Best Wishes

I've got a FIT-2 PC. But then again HDMI to AV is the problem. This complicates the system with the aditional converter but is at least possible with off the shelf hardware.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 am     Reply with quote

You don't say what the virtual eyeglasses need( AV input ??) but it's hard to believe that a $200 netbook/laptop/portable...whatever they call them this week can't work for you.
With over 1 billion wireless devices being made this year(2 billion in 2012) wait a week and someone will have a wireless solution for you ,really, there is a ton of new stuff every week ! I've found that the better you describe to Google what you want, it'll find it.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

The Fit2PC, though quite small, is not really designed with a lot of connectivity. There are a lot of smaller PC's, and some offer AV out.
OTT (has lot of features you probably wouldn't need), but try a search for PPC-001-2BK This is a little unit sized like a mobile phone, with 4" touch screen, and AV in/out. Units like the Cappuchino, also offer an AV port. A search should find one.

Best Wishes
levettp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice
levettp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 am     Reply with quote

Just some feedback that might help someone. This is quite a nifty product that is available:

http://www.gowiththeshark.com/RCV230_RC_aerial_video_wireless_camera_vision_system_headset.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: