CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

gunshot sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
championx

gunshot sound
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 am     Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am developing a laser tag kind of game... but I want to add some gunshot sound instead of the horrible buzzer sounds.

I read some projects using 1bit sound generating... someone could make it work?

I'm using a 16F648A.

Thanks!
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 pm     Reply with quote

Sure all it take is time(money) ! Really, make Google your friend. A simple search found over 80,000 hits, and the 1st 5 I looked at had working code.
You need more info though...like... JUST the PIC or can other chips be added?,how much time/effort/money do you have,can you afford $20 for other parts?,volume needed,power level in true watts,overall cost of the project, what resources are available in the PIC(memory,I/O pins,etc),is this a one off or 10,000 pieces?, can you use a 'bigger' PIC ?
SherpaDoug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 pm     Reply with quote

A while back I looked at Roman Black's system (http://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm) which I found through the CCS Code Library. I was trying to make the sound of dripping blood for a haunted house, but the project folded before I could get the sound quality I wanted. If all you want is a simple explosion it may work OK. The hardware is REALLY minimal but there is some subtlty to the software.

What system are you using for the laser tag? We were using LTTO to allow people to shoot things in the haunted house and trigger compressed air "events" Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers! I need to use just the pic, I don't need a good quality, just a gunshot, doesn't matter if it has a little noise.

I think i will need an IC amp, like the lm386, or something to amplify the sound.

If you have any idea I'm happy to read it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: