CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

stepper motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfish

stepper motor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 pm     Reply with quote

I know maybe this is not the right place to ask this question, but everyone who use ccs c knows pic, so I hope I can find an answer.

I have a little stepper. I have a power circuit with L298. For +5v and ground inputs of power circuit, I use +5v and ground of Pic, and it works quite well, pic didnt get hot until now. My question is:

Is this reasonable to use +5v and ground of pic for this purpose? May it damage the pic after sometime?

thanks
temtronic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 pm     Reply with quote

PICs, like all ICs, should NEVER get hot !
Sounds like you're drawing a lot of current through the PIC for some reason. Recheck your wiring,double check the schematic.
Get the data sheets from the mfrs and compare them to what you have, do not rely on someone else's pinout, as they may have copied the wrong pin numbers !!
bigfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:13 pm     Reply with quote

I think you got me wrong. I said pic didn't get hot or the regulator. So I asked that is it risky to use like that, although my stepper motor is small?
temtronic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 pm     Reply with quote

" pic didnt get hot until now" to me says you say the PIC is now getting hot....

As for using the same 5 volt supply, yes you can providing it has enough capacity and filtered properly to not allow transients from the stepper motor/drive circuitry to interfere with the PIC. Only you know the requirements of the motor you're using, as well as the driver IC. PICs of course only need a few ma unless driven lots of LEDs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: