CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

infrared learning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koray_duran

infrared learning
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 am     Reply with quote

Hi Fellas,

I think to make an infrared code leaner and sender project.
It should learn any kind of infrared signals, keep it in eeprom and a later able to create this signal again.

How should i start ? I searched a lot but i couldn't find any real example for it. Most examples based on protocols but i want an universal one.

I wait your answers.

Thanks a lot....
ckielstra

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 am     Reply with quote

You'll have to find the things that are in common for all infrared signals.

RC5/RC6 are the protocols used by Philips and have an amplitude modulation at 36kHz.
NEC uses a 38kHz frequency, and so all manufacturers use slightly different frequencies. For reception it is common to use a 38kHz Vishay TSOP or similar IR receiver module. You can buy these tuned at several frequencies, but the 38kHz type will see all common frequencies (but at limited range).

The TSOP demodulates the carrier frequency and outputs the binary data as a serial stream of '0' and '1'.

Now comes the part where your project starts: figure out a method to store the binary stream. A 'dumb' approach would be to store 1 second of data without processing. This works, but you'll run out of memory soon. Somehow you'll have to find a smarter method for storing the data...

See also http://www.lirc.org/
Kerron

Capturing infrared Remote codes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:10 pm     Reply with quote

Use hyper Terminal at 4800 baud rate connected to a IR 38KHz receiver module PNA4602 then click the remote in front the module and see the strings in hyper terminal for each button pressed. Most Commercial products Tv Remotes use 38KHz modulation at 4800 baud rate. The write youre code to detect each string for each button or unique parts of each string. I have done it before for a robotics project where i used a stereo ir remote to capture and decode the strings for each buttons and then relay it to the robot main processor with an interrupt

http://www.rentron.com/remote_control/pna4602m.htm

Kerron Manwaring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: