CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC18LF4620 header file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanth

PIC18LF4620 header file
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am     Reply with quote

My compiler version (4.034) does not have the PIC18LF4620 header file, how to use this IC for my project. Does the same pic18f4620 header file is used for both or the compiler version must be changed. please suggest me for PIC16Lf886 header file also.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:04 am     Reply with quote

1) Header files, do _not_ provide support for a chip. Support for the chip comes with the compiler, and your compiler will have the header files it supports. If you want to add new chips, you have to either add them yourself using the device editor (if you have the IDE), or buy a later compiler.
2) Posting these would break copy-write.
3) Your compiler version _predates_ the point at which V4, is considered by most people to have actually started working. You need to update the compiler to have any hope of code being reliable.

Best Wishes
kanth

pic18lf4620 header file
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm     Reply with quote

Dear Ttelmah, thanks for your reply but I purchased the compiler long back and am using it since then. Now I am planning to buy a Zigbee development kit. It contains pic18lf4620 and pic16lf886 ic's. In my present compiler there are no header files for those ic's. It will be useless in purchasing the kit.
I saw in the Devices supported list for latest compiler at http://www.ccsinfo.com/devices.php?page=devices
I didn't find the IC's in the list. If they don't have the support for the Ic's why to develop a kit using the IC's.

I am totally confused what to do? Please help me...
PICoHolic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:48 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

There's no such header file even in the latest compiler version, just use the PIC18F4620 header file.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 am     Reply with quote

There wouldn't be. 'LF' chips are just low power versions of the 'F' chips. Use the same data sheet, and code.

However I'd still say update the compiler. You will be lucky to get anything at all complex to work on a 4.03x compiler.

When you got this, you would have been able to download 3.249, which was a much more useable compiler. Until about the 4.07x versions, the V4 compiler was not worth the CD it was supplied on...

Best Wishes
kanth

pic18lf4620 series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am     Reply with quote

thanks Ttelmah and PicoHolic, i will use v3.xx with F series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: