CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Disable programming of Data EEPROM in IDE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGP

Disable programming of Data EEPROM in IDE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using PCWH and have found that the IDE writes the chip Data EEPROM every time a new file is loaded to the chip for debugging.

Is there a way to disable this and only write the program memory and fuses? I have some calibration data in EEPROM that I'd like to preserve between program compile and debug sessions.

I've looked through the CCS C and IDE help files and I can't find any setting to change this.

I know it can be done with a configuration setting in CCSLoad but I can't seem to find a similar setting the IDE configuration.
Wayne_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:33 am     Reply with quote

Run ccsload separately, not from the menu. You can then change the settings to not program the data memory.

Please note, I have found ccsload too inconsistent with it's settings and find that it can switch the data programming back on at any time. I think this happens if you program from the IDE again.
MGP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne -- I didn't mean that CCSLoad was clearing the EEPROM, I mean the IDE clears it when I recompile code and it loads it into the chip for debugging in the IDE.

As far as I can tell the IDE debugger doesn't use CCSLoad to program the chip, unless it runs it in the background.

I'm thinking there must be a setting in the IDE options to disable EEPROM programming when the chip is programmed for debugging -- I just can't find it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: